Saturday, March 29, 2014

Art Changes Things

It’s so amazing how art changes things. Art helps us calibrate - both individually and as a society. From the joy we receive from creativity, to the raw emotion it provokes, art has power. For me, it helps fill the empty places in my soul. Making art has such a great effect on how I feel. I honestly don’t know what I would do without it. Life is just more special with art in it. My wellness-meter is higher after creating or enjoying a piece of art. Somehow having art in my life helps me transcend my problems. I don’t know how that happens, but it does. It has something to do with the story that is told through the art I suppose. I also love how art brings people together. There is so much isolation in our lives today. At least in mine. Probably about 90% of the time, I’m feeling somewhat lonely - missing my parents, children, grandchildren, sister etc. So, I paint and have my favorite photos printed on PhotoBlox. This is what’s helpful to me. When I mingle them all together it feels like a story and looks like a beautiful piece of art. Moving the Blox around is so therapeutic.
My passion in life is to pass along this wonderful gift - of using the power of the magnet, the power of images and color - to be able to enjoy art in a beautiful, fresh, new way. Then, there’s the way Blox can be used to help organizations create change in the world. We’ve found a “beautiful way” to use Blox…”to make a difference”. If you’d like to learn about it, you can visit: www.compassionart.us I hope you enjoy your story and those in your life who are important to you. If you find joy in “playing with your Blox”, I’d love to hear about it. You can share your joy by emailing me @ marg@bloxshop.com The very best, Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment